Tuesday, November 29, 2022
Home Fantasy Prediction AUS-W vs WI-W, Women's WC 2022 - Fantasy Preview and Top Picks

AUS-W vs WI-W, Women’s WC 2022 – Fantasy Preview and Top Picks

Match: Australia Women vs West Indies Women, (AUS-W vs WI-W, Match #14)

Date: March 15, 2022 – 3:30 AM IST

Venue: Basin Reserve, Wellington

Where and what time to watch the match live in India 

For those in India, the women’s WC 2022 will be broadcasted live on Star Sports Network. Watch the Australia vs West Indies women’s match live on Star Sports 2 or Star Sports 3 at 3:30 AM IST. You can also catch the action live on online streaming platform Disney+ Hotstar. 

Australia Women vs West Indies Women: 

Australia Women are undefeated in the 2022 Women’s ODI World Cup while West Indies have won two out of three. The two teams will meet in this crucial contest at Basin Reserve in Wellington on Tuesday.

Meg Lanning’s Australia came out on top in their opening game against England by 12 runs in a close fight. They then hammered Pakistan by seven wickets on March 8 and New Zealand by 141 runs on Sunday. Batting first, they posted 269/8 on the back of Ellyse Perry’s 68, Tahlia McGrath’s 57 and an 18-ball 48 from Ashleigh Gardner. Young pace sensation Darcie Brown snared 3 for 22 as the Aussies dismantled White Ferns for 128.

West Indies started the WC campaign in magnificent style, winning their first game against New Zealand by 3 runs followed by another close 7-run victory over England. In the third game, however, they faced a 155-run thrashing at the hands of India. Bowling first, West Indies conceded a mammoth 317/8 with India’s Smriti Mandhana and Harmanpreet Kaur scoring centuries. Deandra Dottin (62) and Hayley Matthews (43) got the team off to a cracking start with a 100-run stand in just 12.2 overs. But what followed was a massive collapse in which they lost all 10 wickets for just 62 runs. 

Pitch Report and Weather Forecast for AUS-W vs WI-W

Basin Reserve in Wellington has hosted a total of 31 ODI matches across men’s and women’s cricket. The average first innings score in those matches reads 220. The highest total recorded here was 318/6 by New Zealand men while the lowest of 74 also belongs to them. Australia Women played New Zealand at this venue on Sunday where they posted 269/8. There was significant assistance on offer for the bowlers.

The weather at Wellington on Tuesday is likely to be windy with some showers. There’s a 30% chance of rain with humidity of 70%. The temperature will hover around 18°C. 

Australia – Expected XI and Team News 

Australia Women received a huge boost with the return of Ashleigh Gardner, who recovered from Covid-19. They also brought in Darcie Brown in the crucial clash against the hosts but could be rested here for workload. Jess Jonassen was also rested, with Amanda-Jade Wellington keeping her place. 

Probable XI – Alyssa Healy (wk), Rachael Haynes, Meg Lanning (c), Ellyse Perry, Beth Mooney, Tahlia McGrath, Ashleigh Gardner, Annabel Sutherland/Darcie Brown, Jess Jonassen/Amanda-Jade Wellington, Alana King, Megan Schutt

West Indies – Expected XI and Team News 

West Indies have played with the same playing XI in all three matches so far. They could make a couple of changes after losing the last game. Deandra Dottin and Hayley Matthews have been outstanding and remain must picks. Anisa Mohammed has also been amongst wickets. 

Probable XI – Deandra Dottin, Hayley Matthews, Kycia Knight, Stafanie Taylor (c), Shemaine Campbelle (wk), Chedean Nation, Chinelle Henry, Aaliyah Alleyne, Shamilia Connell, Anisa Mohammed, Shakera Selman

Head to head record of AUS-W vs WI-W

Australia Women have been absolutely dominant against the West Indies in the ODI format. Out of 13 clashes between the two sides, Australia have won 12 games while West Indies have only one win. 

Australia Women – 12 

West Indies Women – 1

Match 14: Five players to watch out for in the AUS-W vs WI-W

Here we take a look at five key players you must pick in your MPL fantasy XI: 

Alyssa Healy: Wicketkeeper Batter, Australia

Alyssa Healy is one of the most destructive batters in world cricket. Since moving to the top of the order, she has an incredible record, scoring 1605 runs in 33 matches since 2018. She averages a fantastic 50.15 in this period and strikes at 99.81, including three hundreds and 10 fifties. Healy scored 72 against Pakistan in this tournament. She can be a good C/VC pick at 9 credits. 

Hayley Matthews: All-rounder, West Indies

Hayley Matthews has been sublime for the West Indies in recent times. She is the leading run-scorer in the ongoing WC with 207 runs from three games, including one century. The 23 yr old offspinner has also picked 5 scalps in the tournament. In her overall ODI career, Matthews has 1711 runs at 28 average and 73 wickets at 4.05 economy. She comes at 10 credits and is an excellent C/VC option. 

Meg Lanning: Batter, Australia

Known as the Megastar, the Aussie skipper is one of the most dominant batters in the world. Meg Lanning has amassed 4195 runs at a terrific average of over 52 while striking at 92. She has registered 14 hundreds and 18 fifties in this format. Lanning has scored three fifties in the last six innings, including 86 against England in the first game. She’s priced at 9.5 credits and is a good C/VC option.

Deandra Dottin: Batter, West Indies

Deandra Dottin is an integral part of the West Indies side. She has been in pretty good form of late and is coming off a 46-ball 62 against India. Dottin has scored 105 runs in the tournament while also picking three wickets. Overall, she has 3633 runs at 31 average and 72 wickets at 4.78 rpo. Deandra will cost you 9.5 credits in the MPL XI.   

Ellyse Perry: All-rounder, Australia

Ellyse Perry is one of the best players in the game. She has a magnificent record to boast of, having scored 3314 runs at an excellent average of 51 with two hundreds and 29 fifties. She has also claimed 158 wickets in the format with her medium pace, including best figures of 7/22. Perry is coming off 68 and 1/18 against NZ and can be a solid VC option at 9.5 credits. 

MPL Fantasy XI 

Note: The players recommended here need not be a part of the Playing 11 on game day. Users are advised to do their own research also and follow official sources and create their teams. 

Also read: Babar Azam vs Virat Kohli – A Deep Dive Into the Numbers of Two Stalwarts

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Recent Comments

Download the MPL App