Two of the most improved sides in the Indian T20 League – Bangalore and Delhi, will be up against each other in the 14th edition of the tournament, back in the luxury of the Indian conditions.
Although Bangalore has had a number of T20 superstars in their ranks, the results never went in their favor, with only two playoff appearances in the last five editions (2016 and 2020), and a finals appearance in 2016 that they lost to Hyderabad by 8 runs.
The 2020 edition saw Bangalore improve significantly on their bowling front, and while some issues arose in the batting lineup in the latter stages, the situation is likely to improve for the Men in Red in 2021, with an experienced Devdutt Padikkal at the opening slot and the newly picked Glenn Maxwell adding strength to their middle-order.
As far as their northern competitors are concerned, they’ve been a force since 2018. The last two editions witnessed the rise and rise of Delhi, from making the first playoff appearance since 2013, and then their first final appearance in the Indian T20 League. Delhi has shown that their side has got all areas covered and they have what it takes to break the 13 year-long wait – win their maiden T20 title.
Bangalore vs Delhi: Head to Head Record
The 2020 edition of the tournament saw Delhi win both league matches against Bangalore by convincing margins. In their first faceoff, Delhi posted a staggering 196 runs on board and restricted Bangalore to 137/9 in 20 overs. In the second head to head, Delhi chased down the 155 run-target in 19 overs with 6 wickets to spare.
Top 3 Performers Comparisons & Stats
While the head-to-heads have been a bit more in Bangalore’s favor, Delhi has dictated the stat sheets in both batting and bowling departments. Nonetheless, Bangalore is a side that can stir a massive upset to any franchise on their day, regardless of the rival’s strength and experience. Below are the key performers who can be kept an eye upon in matchups involving Delhi and Bangalore in the 2021 edition of the Indian Fantasy T20 League.
|Bowlers||Wickets vs Delhi|
|Batsmen||Runs vs Bangalore|
|Bowlers||Wickets vs Bangalore|
Bangalore vs Delhi, Indian T20 League Schedule 2021
It ain’t a rivalry like Bangalore-Chennai or Delhi-Punjab, but certainly a blockbuster clash that will boil down in the reconstructed Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad and the iconic Eden Gardens in Kolkata. Here are the dates and timings for matches involving Delhi and Bangalore in this edition of the Indian T20 League –
|Tuesday, April 27, 2021||Delhi vs Bangalore||Ahmedabad||7:30 PM|
|Friday, May 14, 2021||Bangalore vs Delhi||Kolkata||7:30 PM|
Statistics and Facts about Bangalore and Delhi
Records have tumbled when Bangalore and Delhi have faced each other. Here are some of the interesting statistics from their encounters –
- Bangalore is the only team alongside Punjab with a 10-wicket win over Delhi, and second in terms of biggest victory margins against Delhi by balls remaining in the second innings (57).
- From the active players on both sides, AB de Villiers has got the most number of runs from sixes and fours in an innings against Delhi (70 runs, 10 fours, and 5 sixes).
- No other player in the Indian T20 League has scored more runs than Virat Kohli in the matchups against Delhi (897 runs).
- Bangalore has breached the 180-run mark on six occasions in the head-to-head against Delhi.
- Delhi’s highest and lowest totals against Bangalore are 196/6 and 95 respectively, while it’s 215/1 and 137/9 for the latter against Delhi
- Ajinkya Rahane has got 5 fifty-plus totals against Bangalore, including the best score of 103*.
- From the current Delhi squad, Rishabh Pant holds the most sixes in an innings against Bangalore (7), which came during his knock of 85 from 43 deliveries in 2018.
Bangalore vs Delhi: Overall Head to Head Stats
It has been a clean sweep from Bangalore in 7 editions that they’ve faced Delhi in the cash-rich tournament, with the latter posting a one-sided dominance in 4 editions, with wins against the Virat Kohli-led side since 2019. Here’s the year-wise record between Bangalore and Delhi in their encounters to date –
How will Bangalore vs Delhi stats help you on MPL?
Both Bangalore and Delhi have massive fan bases who would be rooting for their favorite franchise in the Indian T20 League. If you’re a loyal fan of Bangalore or Delhi and want to take part in the heated cricketing battles between the megacities, then Bangalore vs Delhi stats on MPL will come more than handy in such situations. MPL provides the updated statistics regarding the franchise that can help you make the best decisions while formulating teams during the head-to-head in Indian Fantasy T20 League.
Download the MPL Fantasy Cricket App Now!