The Bangalore team is one of the 8 franchise cricket teams that play in the Indian T20 Premier League. Led by Captain Virat Kohli, the Bangalore team is a strong team with notable players that finished runners-up thrice between 2009 and 2016. It holds records of both the lowest and highest totals in the T20 league and is also tagged as underachievers due to its lack of success. The team still awaits its first T20 Premier League title.
Team Origin: Founded in 2008 and based in Bangalore, Karnataka
Team Owners: United Spirits Limited
Team’s Last Year Glimpse: In 2020, Bangalore made it to the top four but lost by six wickets to Hyderabad in the eliminator round in Abu Dhabi. The team ended the season with 5 losses on the bounce.
Where the team currently stands: Bangalore is currently third in the points table with five wins from seven matches, with the league scheduled to resume from September.
Team’s ex-captains: Rahul Dravid (2008), Kevin Pietersen (2009), Anil Kumble (2010), Daniel Vettori (2011), Shane Watson (2017), Virat Kohli (Present)
Current Coaches: Simon Katich (Head Coach), Adam Griffith (Bowling Coach), Sridharan Sriram (Batting and Spin Bowling Coach), Shanker Basu (Strength and Conditioning Coach).
Home Ground: M. Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore
The Bangalore team has a fresh look for the upcoming season. There are some big names that the team has released at the 2021 Auction in Chennai.
Top Auctioned Players of 2021
- Kyle Jamieson – INR 15 crore
- Glenn Maxwell – INR 14.25 crore
- Daniel Christian – INR 4.8 crore
- Sachin Baby – INR 20 lakh
- Rajat Patidar – INR 20 lakh
- Suyash Prabhudesai – INR 20 lakh
- Mohammed Azharuddeen – INR 20 lakh
List of all Players in the Team with Country
- Virat Kohli (India)
- Ab de Villiers (South Africa)
- Adam Zampa (Australia)
- Devdutt Padikkal (India)
- Josh Philippe (Australia)
- Kane Richardson (Australia)
- Mohammed Siraj (India)
- Navdeep Saini (India)
- Pavan Deshpande (India)
- Shahbaz Ahmed (India)
- Washington Sundar (India)
- Yuzvendra Chahal (India)
- Daniel Sams (Australia)
- Harshal Patel (India)
- Glenn Maxwell (Australia)
- Sachin Baby (India)
- Rajat Patidar (India)
- Mohammed Azharuddeen (India)
- Kyle Jamieson (New Zealand)
- Dan Christian (Australia)
- Suyash Prabhudessai (India)
- KS Bharat (India)
T20 League Schedule 2021 for Bangalore Team
|Day & Date||Match||City||Time (IST)|
|Friday, 9 April||vs Mumbai||Chennai||7:30 PM|
|Wednesday, 14 April||vs Hyderabad||Chennai||7:30 PM|
|Sunday, 18 April||vs Kolkata||Chennai||7:30 PM|
|Thursday, 22 April||vs Rajasthan||Mumbai||7:30 PM|
|Sunday, 25 April||vs Chennai||Mumbai||7:30 PM|
|Tuesday, 27 April||vs Delhi||Ahmedabad||7:30 PM|
|Friday, 30 April||vs Punjab||Ahmedabad||7:30 PM|
|Monday, 20 September||vs Kolkata||Abu Dhabi||7:30 PM|
|Friday, 24 September||vs Chennai||Sharjah||7:30 PM|
|Sunday, 26 September||vs Mumbai||Dubai||7:30 PM|
|Wednesday, 29 September||vs Rajasthan||Dubai||7:30 PM|
|Sunday, 3 October||vs Punjab||Sharjah||3:30 PM|
|Wednesday, 6 October||vs Hyderabad||Abu Dhabi||7:30 PM|
|Friday, 8 October||vs Delhi||Dubai||7:30 PM|
You can find all the updates about matches, predictions, dream teams, etc on our blog.
Things to know & Facts about the Bangalore team
- The team never won the T20 title but made it to the finals thrice.
- The team has had the highest and lowest team total in T20 Premier league history, with 263/5 and 49, respectively.
- Team skipper, Virat Kohli, remains to be the highest-paid player in the history of the Indian T20 Premier League, with a whopping pay of INR 17 crores in the 2018 auction.
- With 13 centuries, the team has a record of the most centuries scored by any team.
- The team has also set a record of the highest Sixes hit by any team, with a total of 1131 sixes.
- In 2016, Virat Kohli broke all records with 973 runs, which were the most runs in any season.
- In 2013, Chris Gayle created history by scoring the fastest century in the history of the Indian T20 Premier League.
- The team also boasts the most 200+ team total for any team, scoring over 200 runs on 10 occasions in the 12 seasons.
Past Indian T20 League Performance of the Bangalore Team
|2010||Finished third as Semi-finalists|
|2012||Finished 5th and failed to reach play-offs|
|2013||Finished 5th and failed to reach play-offs|
|2014||Finished 7th and failed to reach play-offs|
How Bangalore team Stats can help you on MPL?
MPL offers the latest news and team stats to help you build your fantasy team and win matches. You can easily stay updated with all the information you need to create your fantasy team on MPL. Play multiple fantasy cricket cash games with your team while staying updated with the match stats on the app. Playing fantasy cricket on the MPL app puts you in a win-win situation where you can enjoy your favorite matches while earning cash prizes at the end of the matches.
Virat Kohli is the present captain of the team.
The home ground of the team is the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bangalore.
The team has 29 wins out of 58 matches on the home ground.
The team has never won the Indian T20 Premier League.
No player of the Bangalore team has won the Purple Cap in any season.
Virat Kohli and Chris Gayle have won the Orange Cap from this team.