Jaspreet Bumrah is an Indian right-handed batsman who plays for the Indian National Cricket team. The right-arm fast bowler plays for all the formats of the game. Bumrah found his place in the Indian National squad for the 2015-16 tournament against Australia after playing a few successful IPL seasons. The death overs’ bowler has had a fair share of contribution towards India’s win in different game formats.
Bumrah made his ODI debut on January 23, 2016, against Australia in the Sydney Cricket Ground. Taking 2 wickets in his debut match only, Bumrah showed that he is one player to look out for. Bumrah Bumrah took his first international wicket after strangling the Australian captain, Steve Smith, for runs.
Jasprit made his T20I debut on January 26, 2016, the same year as his ODI debut against Australia in Adelaide Oval, Adelaide. Bumrah took Faulkner and Boyce’s wicket to bowl out Australia for 151. This marked an outstanding achievement to applaud for.
On January 5, 2018, Jasprit Bumrah made his first-class Test debut against South Africa at Newlands, Cape Town.
In 2013 Bumrah was picked up by Mumbai Indians in the 2013 IPL players’ auction to play for them in that year’s IPL tournament. Bumrah, in his debut IPL match, only took 3 wickets against Royal Challengers Bangalore. Having proved his mettle in the 2013 IPL season, Mumbai Indian brought Bumrah again in the next IPL season for a handsome amount of INR 1.2 crores, despite being uncapped. Since then, Jasprit Bumrah has been an integral part of Mumbai Indians and has been playing for them in all the IPL tournaments so far.
Jasprit Bumrah Biography
|Full Name||Jasprit Jasbirsingh Bumrah|
|Born||December 06, 1993|
|Birth Place||Ahmedabad, Gujrat|
|Batting Style||Right Handed|
|Bowling Style||Right-Arm Fast|
|ODI Debut||Vs Australia, January 2016|
|T20I Debut (Only Match)||Vs Australia, January 2016|
|IPL Debut||Vs Royal Challengers Bangalore, April 2013|
|Test Debut||Vs South Africa, January 2018|
Batting Stats & Records
Bowling Stats & Records
Interesting Facts about Jaspreet Bumrah
Bumrah is known as one of the best death bowlers not only in India but internationally as well. No or very few batsmen have been able to identify how to defend against Bumrah’s bowling technique. Be it IPL, ODI, Test Match, or T20I, Jasprit Bumrah has proved to be one of the most important assets for all the teams that he has played for. While we all know about Bumrah’s impressive performances, let us look at some of the interesting facts about him.
- Bumrah made his debut in the domestic cricket for Gujarat against Vidarbha in the 2013-14 tournament. With his unique bowling action, Bumrah took 7 wickets in his debut match only. He went on to take the maximum number of wickets in that tournament for Gujarat.
- Jasprit got selected in the Indian National team due to his ability to bowl yorkers and in an orthodox manner that opponent batsmen usually find difficult to read.
- MS Dhoni got impressed with Bumrah’s performance in the bilateral T20I series against Australia and termed him as the “find of the tour.” The Indian pacer has cemented his team in the Indian Cricket Team and is now the death overs’ specialist for India.
- Jasprit claimed the maximum number of T20I wickets in a single calendar year. Bumrah picked 28 wickets against West-Indies, during the two-match series. He surpassed the record that was previously held by Dirk Nannes.
- John Wright spotted Bumrah in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy as Wright got hugely impressed by his performance in the tournament.
- Jasprit Bumrah has always taken Lasith Malings’ guidance seriously and tried to understand and follow his bowling style and technique.
How Jaspreet Bumrah’s stats will help you in Fantasy Cricket?
Jaspreet Bumrah has become one of the most sought-after players in the cricket world in all formats of the game. Gaining popularity in his debut IPL season only, in the year 2013, Bumrah has turned out to be one of the most beneficial and contributing players for all the teams he had played for. Hence, it is clear that all the fantasy cricket players would want Jasprit in their fantasy cricket teams. But, while you all might be aware of the fact that Bumrah’s performances in all his matches have been exceptional, you need to look into the finer details of his past gameplays, check our blog for more info. This is important because only when you look at the finer details of his past performances will you be able to identify his strategies and techniques for the games that he had played. With that analysis, you will be able to decide if you want Bumrah or not as a part of your fantasy cricket XI. This all will be possible when you study Bumrah’s stats.
So, don’t wait; download the MPL fantasy cricket league app and start playing your favourite fantasy leagues.