The right-handed middle-order batsman Manish Pandey is an Indian International cricket player who is best known for being the first cricketer to make a century in the IPL tournament. Pandey was also a squad member of Team India in the Under-19 World Cup, 2008, held in Malaysia. It is interesting to note that India won the trophy that year.
In domestic cricket, Manish plays for team Karnataka. The middle-order stroke maker started off with Mysore in a state-level tournament. Making his ODI cricket debut in 2015 against Zimbabwe, Pandey shined in the tournament by scoring 144 runs along with his partner Kedar Jadhav. Manish made his T20I debut in the same year, and that also against Zimbabwe only.
Talking about his IPL career, Pandey has been a part of various IPL teams so far. He started his IPL journey with Mumbai Indians (2008) and then became part of some other IPL teams in various seasons of the Indian Premier League; Pune Warriors India(2011-13), Royal Challengers Bangalore(2009-10), Kolkata Knight Riders(2014-17) and Sunrisers Hyderabad(2018- Present). Pandey had such a successful career in the IPL tournament up until 2018 that in the 2018 IPL auctions, he was picked up by Sunrisers Hyderabad at a whopping amount of INR 11 crores.
Manish was also a part of the Mysuru Warriors when he played the Karnataka Premier League. Pandey will continue to play for Sunrisers Hyderabad in the IPL 2021, i.e., the 14th season of the Indian Premier League.
Below are some basic information and some vital stats of Manish Pandey that you can read to get detailed insights into his past performances. Based on those performances, you can take your call about including Pandey in your fantasy XI.
Manish Pandey Biography
|Full Name||Manish Krishnanand Pandey|
|Born||September 10, 1989|
|Birth Place||Nainital, Uttarakhand|
|Batting Style||Right Handed|
|Bowling Style||Right-Arm Medium|
|ODI Debut||Vs. Zimbabwe, Jul 2015|
|T20I Debut||Vs. Zimbabwe, Jul 2015|
|IPL Debut||Vs. Kolkata Knight Riders, April 2008|
Batting Stats & Records
Bowling Stats & Records
Interesting Facts about Manish Pandey
Pandey rose to fame after scoring big during the 2009-10 Ranji Tournament and since then has proved his mettle in cricket over the years. Let us look at some of the interesting facts about the middle-order batsman that might help you know more about him. You can use this information while making and deciding about your own fantasy cricket team on MPL.
- Manish Pandey made 144 runs in the Ranji finals in the 2009-10 match. Unfortunately, Karnataka lost that match to Mumbai by six runs, despite Pandey’s contribution to that match.
- Being the first cricketer to score a century in an IPL match, Pandey made 114 runs in 73 balls in the second season of the Indian Premier League, i.e., IPL 2009. This includes four maximums and ten boundaries. He played for Royal Challengers Bangalore against Deccan Chargers.
- In IPL 2014, Pandey had a huge contribution in KKR’s second IPL win when the team had a target of 200 against CSK (Chennai Super Kings). He knocked off 94 runs in 50 balls. This includes six maximums and seven boundaries. Representing Kolkata Knight Riders.
- Former Indian Captain Rahul Dravid highly inspires Manish.
- On January 23, 2016, in his fifth ODI match against Australia, at Sydney, Pandey 104 runs in 85 balls while the team chased 331 runs. India won that only match in that ODI series, so his contribution is considered significant in that match.
- Pandey also became the top scorer in the 2009-10 Ranji tournament, knocking off 882 runs, five 50s, and four 100s.
- Pandey scored laudable 71 runs in 86 balls in his debut ODI against Zimbabwe.
How Manish Pandey’s stats will help you in Fantasy Cricket?
Each of you who plays or has played fantasy cricket on MPL might be aware that making a fantasy cricket team is one of the most important tasks. Your fantasy cricket team plays a major role in your winning the fantasy leagues. Hence, it should be taken with seriousness and effectiveness. The choice of players in the team should be based on some numbers and statistics of the players’ past performances. So, whoever is keen on selecting Manish Pandey in their fantasy XI should read about the important achievements and some match records in the past. The detailed insights and updates into the player’s particular matches give an idea of how the player performs in a given situation and pressure. Look out for MPL blog for more. This can help you choose the player that you require in your fantasy teams wisely and efficiently. Hence, this is how Manish Pandey’s stats will help you make your fantasy cricket teams and play fantasy leagues on the MPL app.