The Rajasthan team was the first team to have won the inaugural season of the T20 Premier League in 2008. Under the captaincy of Rahul Dravid, it was also the runners-up in the 2013 Champions League T20. In 2016 and 2017, the team was suspended from the Twenty20 tournaments due to some controversies. The Rajasthan team has had its share of ups and downs ever since but is known to possess talented players.
Team Origin: Founded in 2008 and based in Jaipur, Rajasthan
Team Owners: Manoj Badale, Lachlan Murdoch, Amisha Hathiramani
Team’s Last Year Glimpse: In 2020, the team won the first two matches but ended the season with 6 wins out of 14, making it to the bottom of the points table.
Where the team currently stands: Rajasthan is currently fifth in the Indian T20 Premier League 2021 points table after winning three of their opening seven games. They return to action in September.
Team’s ex-captains: Shane Warne, Rahul Dravid, Shane Watson, Ajinkya Rahane, Steve Smith, Sanju Samson (Current Captain)
Team Director: Kumar Sangakkara
Home Ground: Sawai Mansingh Stadium, Jaipur
The Rajasthan team had carved a budget of INR 38.75 crore to buy strong players in the 2021 auction. The team bought the all-rounder, Chris Morris, which was the most expensive buy in the history of the tournament auction.
Top Auctioned Players of 2021
- Chris Morris – INR 16.25 crore
- Shivam Dube – INR 4.40 crore
- Mustafizur Rahman – INR 1 crore
- Chetan Sakariya – INR 1.20 crore
- Liam Livingstone – INR 75 lakh
- Kuldip Yadav – INR 20 lakh
- KC Kariappa – INR 20 lakh
- Aakash Singh – INR 20 lakh
List of all Players in the Team with Country
- Sanju Samson (India)
- Andrew Tye (Australia)
- Anuj Rawat (India)
- Ben Stokes (England)
- David Miller (South Africa)
- Jaydev Unadkat (India)
- Jofra Archer (England)
- Jos Buttler (England)
- Kartik Tyagi (India)
- Mahipal Lomror (India)
- Manan Vohra (India)
- Mayank Markande (India)
- Rahul Tewatia (India)
- Riyan Parag (India)
- Shreyas Gopal (India)
- Yashasvi Jaiswal (India)
- Shivam Dube (India)
- Chris Morris (South Africa)
- Mustafizur Rahman (Bangladesh)
- Chetan Sakariya (India)
- KC Cariappa (India)
- Liam Livingstone (England)
- Kuldip Yadav (India)
- Akash Singh (India)
T20 League Schedule 2021 for Rajasthan Team
|Day & Date||Match||City||Time (IST)|
|Monday, 12 April||vs Punjab||Mumbai||7:30 PM|
|Thursday, 15 April||vs Delhi||Mumbai||7:30 PM|
|Monday, 19 April||vs Chennai||Mumbai||7:30 PM|
|Thursday, 22 April||vs Bangalore||Mumbai||7:30 PM|
|Saturday, 24 April||vs Kolkata||Mumbai||7:30 PM|
|Thursday, 29 April||vs Mumbai||Delhi||7:30 PM|
|Sunday, 2 May||vs Hyderabad||Delhi||3:30 PM|
|Tuesday, 21 September||vs Punjab||Dubai||7:30 PM|
|Saturday, 25 September||vs Delhi||Abu Dhabi||3:30 PM|
|Monday, 27 September||vs Hyderabad||Dubai||7:30 PM|
|Wednesday, 29 September||vs Bangalore||Dubai||7:30 PM|
|Saturday, 2 October||vs Chennai||Abu Dhabi||7:30 PM|
|Tuesday, 5 October||vs Mumbai||Sharjah||7:30 PM|
|Thursday, 7 October||vs Kolkata||Sharjah||7:30 PM|
Looking for more information on the matches, predictions, teams, etc.? You’ll find everything on our blog.
Things to know & Facts about the Rajasthan team
- Rajasthan was the first team to have won the inaugural edition of the Indian T20 Premier League.
- The team was one of the two teams that were suspended from the tournament in 2016 and 2017.
- Rajasthan is one of the 5 teams that has won more matches than they lost. The team won 73 matches out of 147 matches.
- The best win percentage of the team is against Bangalore with 10 wins out of 20 matches and 8 losses and 2 endings in No Result.
- Rajasthan has had the most players that made a hat-trick; Ajit Chandila, Shane Watson, Pravin Tambe, Shreyas Gopal.
- The team was a part of the first-ever tied match in the history of the T20 tournament against KKR and won the match through the one-over eliminator.
- Ajinkya Rahane from the Rajasthan team set a record for scoring 1100 runs at an average of 39.29 at the home ground. This record is the highest in comparison to any Rajasthan batsman at any venue in the Twenty20 tournament.
Past Indian T20 League Performance of the Rajasthan Team
|2008||Champions of the tournament|
|2013||Finished 3rd in playoffs|
|2015||Finished 4th in playoffs|
|2016||Team was suspended|
|2017||Team was suspended|
|2018||Finished 4th in playoffs|
How Rajasthan team Stats can help you on MPL?
On MPL, you can access the latest news, statistics, and information on your favorite team to create your own fantasy team. Stay updated with the latest information to win fantasy cricket matches and earn real cash prizes. You can create a strong team with the team stats provided by MPL and play online fantasy cricket. Now watching your favorite matches while playing fantasy cricket is easy with the MPL app. It’s a pure win-win situation.
The current captain of the Rajasthan team is Sanju Samson.
The home ground of the team is the Sawai Mansingh Stadium in Jaipur.
The team has won 32 matches out of 47 at its home ground.
The Rajasthan team won the Indian T20 Premier League finals only once in the inaugural edition in 2008.
Sohail Tanvir won the Purple Cap for the Rajasthan team in 2008.
No player from the Rajasthan team has won the Orange Cap yet.