Yuzvendra Singh Chahal, who is currently India’s one of the finest cricket players, is also a former chess champion. Chahal has played for Indian at the international level in Chess. The interesting fact is that Chahal’s name is still mentioned on the official website of FIDE (International Chess Federation). He has a rating of 1956 on the website. Coming back to cricket, Yuzvendra Chahal plays in both T20 Internationals (T20I) and One Day Internationals (ODI) for India. In domestic cricket, he plays for the Haryana team. The right-arm leg break bowler also plays in the IPL for Royal Challengers Bangalore. And as every cricket player might dream for, it was in April 2019 when Chahal finally found his name in India’s squad for the Cricket World Cup 2019. April 2019.
Chahal made his first-class domestic cricket debut at the age of 19 against Madhya Pradesh at Indore while he played for Haryana. Chahal made his ODI debut on June 11, 2016, at Harare Sports Club, against Zimbabwe. The same year, the right-arm leg spinner also made his T20I debut on June 18. Chahal’s T20I debut was also against Zimbabwe at Harare Sports Club.
Chahal became the part of Mumbai Indians in 2011 when the team picked him up at a base price of INR 10 lakhs. He claimed two wickets for nine runs in the T20 Champions League. But he played only 1 IPL game up until 2014. He played his debut IPL match in April 2013 against Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) at Eden Gardens Stadium. Later in 2014, Chahal was bought by Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB), again at the base price of INR 10 Lakhs. Since then, Chahal has become an integral part of RCB and has had huge contributions to the team’s victory in several matches so far. In IPL 2021 also, Chahal will be playing for RCB.
Let us now look at some basic and important statistics of Yuzvendra Chahal. You can leverage that information to build your own fantasy cricket team on MPL.
Yuzvendra Chahal Biography
|Full Name||Yuzvendra Singh Chahal|
|Born||July 23, 1990|
|Birth Place||Jind, Haryana|
|Batting Style||Right Handed|
|Bowling Style||Right-Arm Leg break|
|ODI Debut||Vs Zimbabwe, June 2016|
|T20I Debut||Vs Zimbabwe, June 2016|
|IPL Debut||Vs Kolkata Knight Riders, April 2013|
Batting Stats & Records
Bowling Stats & Records
Interesting Facts about Yuzvendra Chahal
Having made his position in the blues, after a lot of hard work and perseverance, Chahal is now one of the strongest players and most popular faces of the Indian cricket team. Let us look at some interesting facts about Yuzvendra Chahal that might interest you and also help you decide whether to take him in your fantasy cricket team. Read carefully and decide for your fantasy cricket leagues.
- In the last two years, Yuzvendra Chahal has come to the limelight due to his ability to take at least 2-3 wickets in most matches that he plays.
- In the under-19 Cooch Behar Trophy 2009, Yuzvendra took 34 wickets in the tournament. He became the leading wicket-taker, and that is how he got noticed by the officials and eventually became a part of the Indian National Cricket team.
- Chahal has also represented India in the Under-16 World Youth Chess Championship.
- Yuzvendra Chahal was also the purple cap holder in the 9th season of the Indian Premier League, ie. IPL 2016. Chahal took 19 wickets in that season of IPL, with an average of 17.05.
- Chahal was named “Man of the match” in his very second ODI match only against Zimbabwe in 2016. It was so because he took three wickets for 26 runs. It is also important to note that India won that match by eight wickets.
- In the same match, Yuzvendra delivered the bowl at a speed of 109km/h, which in itself is nothing but an applause-worthy job to do.
- Chahal, in his third T20 against England, in 2017, claimed a 5-wicket haul. He was the first Indian bowler to do so in T20 Internationals.
How Yuzvendra Chahal’s stats will help you in Fantasy Cricket?
All the Yuzvendra Chahal’s fans out there who wish to include him in their fantasy cricket teams, here is some important information and advice for you. While there is no denying that Yuzvendra Chahal is one of the finest and excellent performing cricket in India at present, it is also true that every player has some weaknesses and strengths. Now, your job is to find out those weaknesses and strengths and then decide about your fantasy cricket team on MPL. The question is how to do this? The answer is simple. Just have a look at Yuzvendra Chahal’s statistics as mentioned above and facts and make the decision. Now that the Indian Premier League is around the corner, you would need important information and facts about Chahal’s past performances. This is because you might need to have a detailed look at each performance and then play T20 leagues by making your own team based on these numbers. That is how Chahal’s stats are useful to the people who play fantasy cricket on the MPL app.
So go ahead, make your own team and start playing fantasy cricket leagues on MPL.