Thinking of having a fun game night, but not sure how to do it? Well, we will help you out with that! If you are getting bored or wish to play poker but a different version, then you can learn how to play Cold Hands Poker (CHP)! But what is it and how can one play it? So, let us understand!
CHP is one of the best cash games played in a casino. The objective of this poker game is to have the best five-card hand out of a group of players. It comes under the umbrella of general cash games type that has various forms and types. It can be played among 5 to 8 members or between two players as well.
A standard pack/ deck of 52 cards is used to play CHP. The objective of each player is to win the pot, wherein all the bets of the players have been made in one deal. The player makes the bet hoping that they give the best hand and impression while playing.
Also Read: How to Play Bull Poker?
How to Play Cold Hands Poker?
In this casino game type, five cards are dealt to every player at a given point. The face-up and highest hand take the small pots and becomes the winner. There is no draw and no rounds to bet in the tournament as well. The person that lasts or remains, wins the game! Now, let us see the ranking of the cards.
Note that it can either be played with money or without money, which is decided by the players.
Below is the ranking of the poker hands require. Have a look!
- Five of a Kind: This is the highest hand in the poker game. In this, at least one card is wild, i.e., joker. For example, Five of a Kind would be four tens along with two queens and three wild cards.
- Four of a Kind: This is the next highest hand in the game. For example, there can be total of five cards but Four threes or four aces are required.
- Wild Card: Jokers are considered to be wild cards in the game. If the term ‘bug’ is used, the cards that you have cannot be used as a substitute. Thus, Joker is used as an ace in the game.
- Straight Flush: This is also one of the highest possible hands in poker. There are no wild cards used in this criterion. A straight flush of five cards 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, and 5 of hearts (same suit).
- Full House: Full house is a colourful hand that is made up of three cards having the samerank and twocards having another rank like three 10s and two 4s.
- Straight: In straight, five cards are present in a sequence. It is important to note that all cards need not be of the same suit.
- Three of a Kind: In this combination, three cards of the one rank are listed along with two cards of a different rank.
- Two Pairs: In this hand, a pair of similar rank and a pair of different ranks are included. The fifth card is also of a different rank. Examples of such cards include Q, Q, 4, 7, and 7.
- One Pair: One pair is a frequent combination, wherein one pair of one rank is included along with the other three cards of different ranks in the same suit. Examples include 10, 10, K, 4, and 3.
Now that you know the ranking of hands in this poker game type, let us look at how you must be playing this game as a friendly one or tournament.
Also Read: How to plan your tournament poker series?
The game begins when the dealer passes out a set number of cards to each player on the table. Depending upon the form of the game, the dealer may pass them out all at one or in sets. After the cards are dealt, the round of betting begins. Players can fold, raise, check, call, or deal after the betting has taken place.
For playing this game, the players must know the ranking of cards placed on the table, what is a cold deck & suited connectors. It is definitely one of the interesting games, requiring more than one player, wherein the players make deals, calls, etc. The combination and mixture of cards depend upon the highest card and lowest-ranked cards.
Now, if you wish to play short stacks in this game, you should memorize 3 to 4 bets. Then raise for big blind twice. Do not become a tight player in poker. Aggressive play or loose play is suggested for the short stack not the big stack size at the final table. Finally, either raise or fold the cards all in. Avoid setting nut camp or mine.
Also Read: How to play Let It Ride Stud Poker
All we can say is that this is one of the best fun and cash games and will turn your boring game night into an amazing one. The player can range from two to five or even more than that. So, what are you waiting for? Gather your friends and play this fantastic game!