Learn about some of the unique features, the rules, the gameplay and the objective of the 8 ball pool in this ‘all you need to know’ guide.
If you are looking for a popular table game, you have arrived at the right place! 8 ball pool is one of the most popular and highly addictive table games which is played professionally all over the world. This version of the popular pool game is now available online. The online 8 ball pool game is usually played on a pool table as singles or doubles with cue sticks, 16 balls, 15 object balls, one cue ball, and the 8 ball (black). The cue ball is used to strike the other balls.This version of pool is relatively more fast-paced compared to snooker and billiards, which are the other closely related cue-sports. This game is now available online, and it is extremely fun to play the game at the comfort of one’s home. The 8 ball pool game on MPL app offers a realistic playing experience and user-friendly interface. Read on to know more about how to play pool games and everything else there is to know about this 8 ball pool game!
Objective of the Online 8 Ball Pool Game
The objective of the 8 ball pool is to pocket all your designated balls (either stripes or solids), and the 8 ball (black ball) should be pocketed last. The player to pocket the 8 ball is the winner. This pool game often consists of one-to-one matches. A lot of game tournaments use the ‘best out of’ game format where you can play multiple games, and the player who has the highest number of wins out of all the matches played is the winner.
The Game Setup:
- The Table: you will be provided with a standard pool table with six pockets.
- Cue Sticks and Balls: a cue stick is provided, which you can drag and move, along with 15 numbered balls.
- The Beginning Setup: you are provided with a professionally set rack of balls (triangle) opposite to where the cue ball is.
- The Break: One player is assigned to break the rack by aiming with the cue stick. Try to hit it as hard as possible for a good break!
The 8 Ball Pool Gameplay:
These are the few basic functions of the game you should know about:
- Once you start the game, you or your opponent will be asked to place the cue ball on or behind the head string of the table.
- You need to drag your cue stick in a circular motion to aim at the cue ball.
- You then have to pull down the stick to determine the force and release the cue stick to hit the shot.
- You can use the ‘strike point’ option on the cue ball to spin the ball when required.
Fouls in 8 Ball Pool:
You are said to have committed a foul when you do one or more of these things in an 8 ball pool game:
- You pocket your opponent’s ball (if you are stripes, you cannot pocket a solid and vice versa)
- You hit your opponent’s ball (if you are solids, you cannot hit a stripe with the cue ball and vice versa)
- You pocket the cue ball
- The ball you hit doesn’t touch the pool table rail
- The cue ball doesn’t touch your desired ball.
Tips and Tricks:
Try to incorporate these pool game tips and tricks into your game to increase your chances of winning:
- Try to break the rack well with a good first hit that spreads the balls around the table nicely. The more your balls are spread around the table, the better your chances to pocket them.
- Try to be very accurate with every hit – accuracy is the key!
- Pay attention to where the cue ball goes after your hit – if you pocket the cue ball, your opponent scores.
- Use the spin feature when required.
- Control how hard you hit the balls – this will decide whether a ball is pocketed or not.
- You should select a battle room as per your level of proficiency in the game – if you select a higher level battle room, your chances of losing the game are higher.
Your search for a popular table game ends with this online 8 ball pool game on MPL App. It has all the features of a classic pool game, yet it can be played online on a mobile device. It has unmatched features, easy and smooth gameplay, one-to-one battles where you can compete against the best players– to get an engrossing and realistic feel. This means you can play pool game on the weekend, after work, or even in the middle of the day – no more time and location barriers! We hope this guide on everything you need to know about 8 ball pool helps you enjoy your game further.