India has witnessed the birth of the greatest cricketers of all time, but no other cricketer has been as ambitious as Virat Kohli. The current captain of the India National Cricket Team, Kohli is known to be one of the world’s best contemporary batsmen. He has been the most consistent all-format accumulator, surprising his fans with his chases and scores. His ambition led him to his captaincy, which ultimately led India to first place in Test rankings for a long time and secured a series win against Australia.
Kohli first garnered attention when he led the India U19 side to a title win in Malaysia in 2008. He was quickly drafted into the Indian side and also picked up by the Royal Challengers Bangalore franchise in the Indian Premier League. He has played for the team since and also leads the team.
Kohli’s break-through innings that really brought him into the limelight was his 133 of 86 balls against Australia. He helped India chase down an improbable target of 321 off 40 overs against Sri Lanka and pulled India out of a sure-shot defeat with over 2 overs remaining.
Kohli well deserves to be known as India’s most successful Test captain. He has single-handedly raised the bars and intensity of the sport. He brought about a fitness revolution for the Indian cricket players, introducing the endurance test as the selection criterion.
He played his Test debut in 2011 against West Indies, ODI debut in 2008 against Sri Lanka, and T20I debut in 2010 against Zimbabwe. Virat plays for Royal Challengers Bangalore in the Indian T20 Premier League and has been leading the team as the captain since 2013. His thirst for runs remains undying even in the Indian T20 tournament as he set a record of 973 runs in the 2016 edition. His record is by far the highest any player scored in the history of the tournament.
Virat’s Personal Details Table
|Full Name||Virat Kohli|
|Born||5 November 1988|
|Birth Place||New Delhi|
|Batting Style||Right Handed|
|Bowling Style||Right-Arm Medium|
Batting Stats & Records
|ICC – T20||90||84||24||3159||94||52.65||2272||139.04||28||0||0||285||90|
|ICC – ODI||254||245||39||12169||183||59.07||13061||93.17||62||43||0||1140||126|
Bowling Stats & Records
|ICC – T20||90||12||146||198||4||1/13||1/13||8.14||49.5||36.5||0||0|
|ICC – ODI||254||48||641||665||4||1/15||1/15||6.22||166.25||160.25||0||0|
|Team||Opposition||Ground||Date||Bat & Bowl|
|RCB||vs KKR||Sharjah||11 October 2021||39|
|RCB||vs Capitals||Dubai||8 October 2021||4|
|RCB||vs Sunrisers||Abu Dhabi||6 October 2021||5|
|RCB||vs Punjab Kings||Sharjah||3 October 2021||25|
|RCB||vs Royals||Dubai||20 September 2021||25|
|RCB||vs Mumbai||Dubai||26 September 2021||51|
|RCB||vs Super Kings||Sharjah||24 September 2021||53|
|RCB||KKR||Abu Dhabi||20 September 2021||5|
|India||vs England||Lord’s||12 August 2021||42, 20|
|India||vs England||Nottingham||4 August 2021||0, DNB|
Interesting Facts about Virat Kohli
The skipper for Royal Challengers Bangalore and Team India in cricket is amongst the highest paid sportspersons in the world. The fame and recognition are well-deserved by Virat Kohli as he becomes the only Indian to feature in the highest-paid athletes’ list in the Forbes, consecutively for the second time. Here are some interesting and lesser-known facts about this cricket superstar:
- Kohli is the only player that has been part of only one Indian T20 Premier League team since the first edition in 2008.
- Picked as a catchment player for the Bangalore team in 2008, Virat Kohli has never been auctioned for any season of the tournament, making him one of the few players on that list.
- Kohli became the first cricketer in his T20I career to take a wicket off the 0th delivery in 2011.
- Virat set a record of scoring the highest runs in a single Indian T20 Premier League season in 2016, scoring 973 runs in 16 matches. His average was 81.08, and his strike rate was 152.03.
- At the age of 23, Kohli received the title of the ICC ODI Cricketer of the Year in 2012. He is the youngest player to have received this award.
- Kohli is the only cricketer who has scored over 500 runs in a bilateral ODI series. In 2018, he played against South Africa and scored 558 runs in 6 matches as India won the series with 5-1.
- Virat Kohli is the first batsman from India who scored a century in his World Cup Debut in 2011. He scored an unbeaten 100 against Bangladesh, leading to India winning the World Cup.
How Kohli’s Stats will help you in Fantasy Cricket?
If you are a hardcore Kohli fan and are looking forward to participating in all the matches played by him, start by forming your own fantasy team on MPL. MPL Fantasy Cricket App offers the latest updates on Virat Kohli’s matches, statistics, recent form, and much more, which will help you decide if you want Kohli to be on your team. Kohli currently captains the RCB team and is also one of the highest run-scorers. Therefore, you should definitely select him for your fantasy team for the RCB matches. Refer to these stats on MPL to select the best players for your team and score some cool wins. Download MPL Pro to begin a thrilling game of fantasy cricket to enjoy your favourite matches on screen and win exciting cash prizes at the end of the matches. Play Fantasy Cricket Now!