The Delhi and the Bangalore teams have played 26 matches against each other in the past T20 premier league tournaments. Of these 26 matches, Delhi has won 10 times, and Bangalore has claimed their victory 15 times. There was one time when the match was abandoned. The stats clearly show that while Bangalore has dominated the matches that both the teams have played against each other, Delhi also has played quite well and given a tough fight to Bangalore. Both the teams are all set to play the matches again in the upcoming T20 premier league, 2021.
Both the teams have some outstanding players that make their respective teams a strong contender in T20 league matches. While Bangalore has players like Virat Kohli (Captain), AB de Villiers, Mohammad Siraj, and Glenn Maxwell (Bought this year), Delhi has players like Steven Smith (Bought this year), Axar Patel, Shikhar Dhawan, and Shreyas Iyer.
Top 3 Players Performance Comparison & Stats:
As discussed above, both Delhi and Bangalore teams have well-performing players who have had a massive contribution to their respective team’s wins in the past T20 league matches.
Bangalore had won more matches than Delhi in the past when both the teams came face to face against each other. However, Delhi has also played well and claimed its victory against Bangalore 10 times. But it is interesting to note that both Delhi and Bangalore have never been able to hold the coveted T20 premier league trophy so far. Let us see the top-performing players of both teams when they played against each other. You can analyze these stats to choose players while you build your own team on the MPL fantasy cricket app.
|Batsmen||Runs v Bangalore|
|Bowlers||Wickets v Bangalore|
|Batsmen||Runs v Delhi|
|AB de Villiers||474|
|Bowlers||Wickets v Delhi|
Delhi vs Bangalore T20 League Schedule 2021:
|April 27, Tuesday||Delhi vs Bangalore||Ahmedabad||7.30 PM||Narendra Modi Stadium|
|May 14, Friday||Delhi vs Bangalore||Kolkata||7.30 PM||Eden Gardens Stadium|
Statistics and facts for Delhi vs Bangalore:
In the 2021 auction, both Delhi and Bangalore have reshuffled their respective teams. Both the teams have bought eight new players to welcome to their teams in the 2021 T20 premier league. As far as old players are concerned, Delhi has retained 19 of its old players whereas, Bangalore has chosen to retain 12 of its old players. Let’s take a deeper look at some statistics and facts of both the Bangalore and the Delhi teams. You can use them to build your own fantasy cricket team in T20 league matches.
- Of the new eight players that Delhi has bought in the 2021 auctions, there are five domestic players and three overseas players.
- Considering the strong performance that the players showcased in 2020 T20 premier league, Delhi has decided to retain some of its key players like Shreyas Iyer, Shikhar Dhawan, Prithvi Shaw, Rishabh Pant, among others.
- For the 2021 T20 premier league, Delhi has bought the all-rounder Tom Curran at a handsome amount of Rs 5.25 crores.
- To make its batting game strong in the upcoming T20 league, Delhi has also bought the Australian batsman Steven Smith at a whopping amount of Rs 2.2 crores.
- Bangalore has decided to retain its top-performing players like Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers.
- The Bangalore team that reached the playoffs in the 2020 T20 premier league has also decided to release 10 of its old players ahead of the 2021 auction.
- Bangalore has spent a huge amount on buying three all-rounders in the 2021 auction. These players are Kyle Jamieson(Rs. 15 crores), Glenn Maxwell (Rs. 14.25 crores), and Dan Christian (Rs. 4.8 crores)..
Delhi vs Bangalore Past T20 Premier League Performance:
|Year||No of Matches||Delhi Won||Bangalore Won||Result|
|2020||2||2||0||Delhi won by 59 runs Delhi won by 6 wickets|
|2019||2||2||0||Delhi won by 4 wicketsDelhi won by 16 runs|
|2018||2||0||2||Bangalore won by 6 wicketsBangalore won by 5 wickets|
|2017||2||0||2||Bangalore won by 15 runs Bangalore won by 10 runs|
|2016||2||1||1||Delhi won by 7 wicketsBangalore won by 8 wickets|
|2015||2||–||1||Match AbandonedBangalore won by 10 wickets|
|2014||2||0||2||Bangalore won by 8 wicketsBangalore won by 16 runs|
|2013||2||0||2||Bangalore won by Super OverBangalore won by 10 runs|
|2012||2||0||2||Bangalore won by 20 runsBangalore won by 21 runs|
|2011||1||1||Bangalore won by 3 wickets|
|2010||2||2||0||Delhi won by 17 runsDelhi won by 37 runs|
|2009||3||1||2||Delhi won by 6 wicketsBangalore won by 7 wicketsBangalore won by 8 wickets|
|2008||2||2||0||Delhi won by 10 runs Delhi won by 5 wickets|
How Delhi vs Bangalore Stats can help you on MPL?
Looking at the past stats of the Delhi and Bangalore team can help you understand the players better, based on their performances. This will be helpful to you in building your own fantasy cricket team. You can use those numbers to decide which player you want to take on your fantasy cricket team. You would be happy to know that you can also participate in the upcoming T20 premier league matches on MPL and win big prizes. Reading about the players and the teams on the MPL blog can help you make the right decisions about your fantasy team.
So, go ahead, make your MPL Fantasy Cricket Team and play exciting tournaments.